How to become a public relations director
You can get into this job through:
- a university course
- working towards this role
- applying directly
Public relations roles are open to graduates of most subjects, though you could study for a more specialist degree or postgraduate qualification recognised by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations.
- Public Relations
- Marketing Communications with PR
- Public Relations and Corporate Communications
You'll usually need:
- 2 to 3 A levels, or equivalent, for a degree
- a degree in a relevant subject for postgraduate study
You could join a public relations firm as a manager and with experience, work your way up to become a company director.
You could apply to become a public relations (PR) director if you've got several years' experience at senior management level in PR, marketing or communications.