How to become a public relations director
You can get into this job through:
- a university course
- working towards this role
- applying directly
You can get into public relations with any degree. However, there are some specialist degrees and postgraduate qualifications recognised by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations you could take, including:
- Public Relations
- Marketing Communications with PR
- Public Relations and Corporate Communications
You'll usually need:
- 2 to 3 A levels, or equivalent, for a degree
- a degree in a relevant subject for postgraduate study
You could join a public relations firm as a manager and with experience, work your way up to become a company director.
You could apply to become a public relations (PR) director if you've got several years of experience at senior management level in PR, marketing or communications.