Improve your skills
Learn new skills or improve your existing ones with free courses in the Skills Toolkit.
You can take courses:
- online at your own pace
- at different levels, from basic to advanced
- to build general skills to use in any jobs, like maths and using computers
- to learn more detailed skills for a specific job, such as coding and finance
If you'd like some help, you can read our advice on how to get the most out of online learning.
Free qualifications for adults
You can access courses for free if you're at least 19 years old and you either:
- do not already have a level 3 qualification
- are unemployed or earn less than the National Minimum Wage, even if you already have a level 3 qualification or higher
You'll get a qualification at the end of the course and you'll learn skills that employers are looking for. Some courses are available to take online or part time.
If you're not sure if you're eligible, you can find out more about who can take level 3 qualifications for free.
Search all courses
Use our course search to find different learning opportunities near you.
Whether you're looking to gain a qualification, study online or learn part time in the classroom, there are lots of options to choose from.
Take an assessment to learn more about your skills and the careers that might suit you.
Speak to an adviser
- 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday
- 10am to 5pm Saturday and bank holidays
We're closed Sunday, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.