You could start by doing a college course. This will give you some of the skills needed to work with sampling equipment, mixers, digital controllers and decks. Courses include:
- Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology
- Level 2 Certificate in Radio
- Level 3 Diploma in Creative and Digital Media
Colleges and community education centres also often run short workshops in DJ-ing and recording skills.
You may need:
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D) for a level 2 course
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) for a level 3 course