There is no set entry route to become a roadie but it may be useful to do a college course like:
- Level 2 Certificate in Technical Theatre: Sound, Light and Stage
- Level 3 Diploma in Sound Production
- Level 3 Diploma in Music Technology
This would teach you some of the skills needed for the job. You could then try to find a trainee job with an events company. Some employers may prefer you to have experience of live events.
Short courses are available in subjects like rigging, health and safety, lighting installation, working at heights, operating lifting equipment and pyrotechnics.
You'll usually need:
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D) for a level 2 course
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) for a level 3 course