There is no set entry route to become an audio-visual technician but it may be useful to do a college course like:
- Level 2 Technical Diploma in Digital Audio and Visual Production
- Level 3 Diploma in Creative Media Production
- Level 3 Certificate in Technical Theatre: Sound, Light and Stage
This would teach you some of the skills needed for the job. You could then try to find a trainee job with a theatre or events company. Some employers may prefer you to have experience of live events.
You'll usually need:
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D) for a level 2 course
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) for a level 3 course