You may need a degree in a specialist subject depending on the level of course you plan to teach online. For example you'll need a degree in maths to teach A level maths.
You'll might also need to get qualified teacher status (QTS) if you're teaching academic qualifications. Some degrees include this.
If you have a degree in a subject without QTS, you can get it by completing one of the following:
- a postgraduate teacher training course at university
- a school-based training programme
You can search for teacher training courses on GOV UK.
You'll usually need:
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and maths
- 2 to 3 A levels, or equivalent, for a degree
- a degree in a relevant subject for postgraduate study