You could do either:
- a 2-year foundation degree in oral health science
- a 2-year diploma of higher education in dental hygiene, or dental hygiene and dental therapy
- a 3-year degree in oral health science, or dental therapy and dental hygiene
Experience as a dental nurse may be useful. A recognised dental nurse qualification can sometimes take the place of an A level for course entry.
You'll usually need:
- 1 or 2 A levels, or equivalent, for a foundation degree or higher national diploma
- 2 to 3 A levels, or equivalent, for a degree