How to become a pilates teacher
You can get into this job through:
- a college course
- an apprenticeship
- specialist courses run by private training organisations
You could do a course like a Level 3 Diploma in Mat Pilates or Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates.
It may be useful if you have a background in teaching exercise.
You'll usually need:
- Level 2 or 3 fitness qualification
You could start by doing one of the following apprenticeships;
- Level 2 Leisure team member
- Level 3 Personal trainer
Following further training, you could then move into pilates teaching.
There are no set entry requirements but it may help you to get in if you have:
- some GCSEs, usually including English and maths, or equivalent, for an intermediate apprenticeship
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and maths, for an advanced apprenticeship
You can train as a teacher by doing pilates courses with a specialist training provider or a professional body.