There are no set entry requirements to become a trainee phlebotomist, although you may have an advantage if you've got a college qualification like:
- Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
Level 2 or 3 courses in health and social care usually include work placements, which will help you to get a job afterwards.
You'll usually need:
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, for a level 3 course