How to become a motor vehicle parts person
You can get into this job through:
- a college course
- applying directly
You could take a college course to get some of the skills and knowledge needed for this job. Courses include:
- Level 1 Certificate in Vehicle Systems Maintenance
- Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Fitting Principles
- Level 2 Extended Certificate in Vehicle Technology
You'll usually need:
- 2 or fewer GCSEs at grades 3 to 1 (D to G), or equivalent, for a level 1 course
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course
You may be able to apply for jobs directly if you've got experience in vehicle servicing, retail or stock control. You'll also need good technical knowledge of how vehicles work, car spares and motoring accessories.
You can get more advice about working in the motor industry from Autocity.