How to become a motor vehicle fitter
You can get into this job through:
- a college course
- an apprenticeship
- applying directly
You could take a college course to get some of the skills needed for this job. Courses include:
- Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Fitting Principles
- Level 2 Diploma in Specialist Tyre Fitting Competence
- Level 2 Extended Certificate in Vehicle Technology
You may need:
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course
You could apply for an Autocare Technician Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship.
This can take up to 3 years to complete.
You'll usually need:
- some GCSEs, usually including English and maths, or equivalent, for an intermediate apprenticeship
You can apply for jobs as a vehicle fitter if you've got qualifications and experience in motor mechanics.
You can find more advice about careers in the motor industry from Autocity.