You could take a college course to give you some of the skills and knowledge needed for the job.
Courses are usually offered by land-based and agricultural colleges and include:
- Level 1 Certificate in Fisheries Management
- Level 2 Diploma in Fish Husbandry
- Level 2 Diploma in Land and Wildlife Management (Fish)
You'll usually need:
- 2 or fewer GCSEs at grades 3 to 1 (D to G), or equivalent, for a level 1 course
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course