You'll normally need a foundation degree, higher national diploma or degree to become a design engineer.
You could choose from subjects like:
- engineering product design
- industrial design
- computer-aided design engineering
- engineering design and manufacture
- materials science
Mechanical, electrical and civil engineering qualifications may also be acceptable to employers.
You'll usually need:
- 1 or 2 A levels, or equivalent, for a foundation degree or higher national diploma
- 2 to 3 A levels, or equivalent, for a degree