You'll usually need to apply to British Stunt Register's Stunt Grading Scheme. You'll need qualifications and skills across at least 6 different sporting areas in 4 of the following groups:
- fighting - martial arts or boxing
- falling - trampolining or high diving
- riding and driving - horse riding, driving cars or riding motorcycles
- agility and strength - gymnastics or rock climbing
- water - swimming or sub-aqua
The fighting category is compulsory.
You'll also need at least one year's experience in each of your sporting areas. Throughout your career, you'll need to keep your skills and qualifications up to date.
Probationary members are encouraged to attend shoots as observers in order to broaden their knowledge of the profession. You could do this by getting experience as an extra or a 'walk-on'.