You could do a college course, which would teach you some of the skills you need in this job. Relevant courses include:
- Level 2 Certificate in Apparel, Footwear, Leather or Textile Production
- Level 3 Diploma in Apparel, Footwear, Leather or Textile Production
- Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Design
You could also specialise with a Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Saddlery, if you want to work with suppliers to the horse riding industry.
You'll usually need:
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, for a level 3 course