Course details

Table with course details
Qualification name Generic code to identify ILR programme aims
Qualification level X
Awarding organisation Generic award - no awarding body
Learning method Classroom based
Course hours Full-time
Course start date 2nd September 2024
Cost description Please see for full details
Attendance pattern Daytime

Discover the learning experience and opportunities you can expect from this course.

The Construction Design, Surveying, and Planning T-Level will help you to develop knowledge and understanding in a range of core elements that underpin the Construction industry. You will be given context to the industry and learn the key concepts and theories in design, surveying and planning.This course is delivered in a new, purpose-built centre with state-of-the-art technology to allow students to develop the skills needed for a career in construction, specifically in surveying and design, civil engineering, building services design, or hazardous materials surveying.As a T level qualification, this course provides a chance for you to learn on the job. During your time on the course, classroom learning will account for 80% of your time, while your industry placement makes up the other 20%. Each placement is at least 315 hours long (thats roughly 45 days!).What makes T Levels unique is that they have been specially designed with employers and businesses, so as soon as you qualify you can step straight into your chosen career, higher apprenticeship or degree confident that you are equipped with all the industry knowledge you need to succeed.[widgetkit id="283"]

Find out what qualifications and skills you will need for this course.

Grade 6 and above in Maths, English, Science.

View the key features of this course.

Health and safety Science Design Construction and the built environment industry Sustainability Measurement Building technology Information and data Relationship management Digital technology Project management Law

Understand how the course will be delivered.

Classroom based exercises

Find out more about exams, assignments and assessments.

You will be assessed in two core knowledge exams, an employer set project and an occupational specialism synoptic project.

Achieving this Technical Qualification will give you an advantage when applying for a job in construction in your chosen occupational specialism or when progressing to further study in construction.Careers in Construction Site ManagementSurveying TechnicianCivil Engineering Design TechnicianDigital Engineering TechnicianCivil Engineering TechnicianBuilding Services Engineering Design TechnicianArchitectural TechnicianAsbestos Analysis SurveyorConstruction Design CoordinatorTransport Planning Tec

Table with course venue details
Name West Suffolk College - The Milburn Centre
Address Anglian Lane
Bury St. Edmunds
IP32 6SR
Find on Google maps
Go to course

Back to results